Re: Debian on Ultrasparc 1/170E

Hi All,

It all depends on what we are trying to achieve.

I have installed Debian on Ultra1s and used them as
programming workstations (Qt, Php, Glade) and also as
DHCP and/or DNS servers; they work fine and the
graphic capacities with an ordinary suncg6 card and a
17'' Sun monitor are satisfactory for the price
paid...

This doesn't mean, of course, that we should compare
things that are not comparable; I don't think anybody
should expect to see an Ultra1 behaving like a
PentiumIV...

Cheers,

Joseph