Debian on Ultrasparc 1/170E

Hi all.  I'm new to the list.

I have a Sun Ultra 1/170E that I got quite inexpensively a few weeks ago. It has 640 MB of RAM and about 4 gigabytes of disk space. I've installed Debian etch on it without a GUI and it's working quite well.

Given the amount of RAM in it, I'm wondering if this would make a viable workstation rather than a CLI-based server. I don't have a monitor, keyboard or mouse for it but have a couple of NEC MultiSyncs that I could adapt to it easily enough, and I understand a Type 5 keyboard and mouse won't cost too much.

If it'll be fast enough and usable with Gnome or KDE, I think it would be a fun box to use that way. (My primary desktop is a PIII-450 with 768 MB RAM, and I think Ubuntu runs quite respectably on it [I couldn't get Debian to properly recognize my video card]... and I have Gnome on a PII-400 with 384 MB and find it to be very usable.) (I have a really good laptop, so no need to take a collection for me.)

Thanks in advance.

Jim