how can I install debian on a raid volume ?

Hi

I've a question regarding the installer for Sparc.

My hardware is a Netra T1 105, with 2 disks of 18 GB, 1 gb of ram.

I tried to install Debian Sarge, on the disk, problem is, I don;t have
the option to create a partition for the physical raid volume, where
you can choose the partition type, such as ext3, ext2, ...

How can I get the option in the install process ?

My B plan, is to install Debian on a small partition, 400/500 megs,
then boot up the system, and then create some lvm logical volume for
everything else than / and /boot (thus /usr/ /bin /sbin /etc/ etc etc)
What do you guys think about it ?

Johan