Re: Full Duplex in Happy Meal Network interface

Eric Brower escreveu:
This server has a quad ethernet card, and I have no cable connected
there, and because of that I´m receiving this messages

eth1: Link down, cable problem?
eth2: Link down, cable problem?
eth3: Link down, cable problem?
eth4: Link down, cable problem?
eth1: Auto-Negotiation unsuccessful, trying force link mode
eth2: Auto-Negotiation unsuccessful, trying force link mode
eth3: Auto-Negotiation unsuccessful, trying force link mode
eth4: Auto-Negotiation unsuccessful, trying force link mode

What do I have to do to stop to generate this messages ?

Set the interfaces to be administratively "down" rather than "up."

Hi Eric,

For 100 full I did the correct configuration (thanks for your tip), which needs this command
# /usr/sbin/ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off

But, for QuadEthernet, I already did this, and I´m still receiveing this messages

ethX: Link down, cable problem?
ethX: Auto-Negotiation unsuccessful, trying force link mode

How can I set those interfaces to be admin down ? I sent this command to try to do it
# ifconfig eth0 down

When I was using Solaris, and some eth cable was unconnected, I usually received this message in the console screen.
Do you believe that this is a bios message instead a OS message ?

--

Gustavo Mendes de Carvalho
gmcarvalho@gmail.com