Re: working usb-card?

I've used NEC-based USB cards with perfect success under both 2.4 and 2.6 kernels, on an Ultra 60 and SB2000.  I believe one was an Adaptec card I picked up from a local retailer.

IIRC, I had less success with the VIA-based USB cards.  It worked perfectly in 2.6, but not in 2.4 (which at the time, was my goal -- works perfect with both).

>From my few experiences with USB on Sparc, just about any PCI card that works on x86 with 2.6 kernels will work on sparc on 2.6.

The issues that may arise are PCI initialization that would require an x86 BIOS.  This is usually troublesome with PCI video cards, but seems to be essentially a non-issue with PCI USB cards.

Chance