Re: Sun Netra X1 Networking

Daniel,

Through searching this list by way of Google (after the local search did not work), I found my answer.

The problem seems to be that both the dmfe and tulip modules are being loaded. I can solve this problem by issuing the following commands (using sudo):

modprobe -r dmfe
modprobe -r tulip
modprobe tulip
dhclient eth1

My next question is how do get this done automatically at system start. I thought adding the following to modules.conf would be my ticket:

pre-install tulip modprobe -r dmfe; modprobe -r tulip
install module tulip
post-install tulip dhclient eth1

This does not yield the results that I want. I am not familiar with the modules.conf file, but based on it's man page it seemed to be what I needed. Is there something that I can do to unload both the dmfe and tulip modules, reload the tulip module, and then get a dynamic IP for eth1 (all at system start)?

I am new to Linux (I have been playing with it for a bit over a year, and using it seriously for a few months). This is my first journey into the world of Sun servers and the SPARC architecture as well.

Thank you for your help!

- Chris Burwell

Daniel van Eeden wrote:
Chris,

Do you have the latest Flash PROM? (patch 111952 for more info)
Does it work with Solaris? (you could try a Nexenta CD)

Cheers,

Daniel