Re: password issue on sparcstation 10

Bruce O'Neel wrote:

> How to replace the built in battery with 2 AAA or so:
>
> http://www.belgers.com/computers/nvram/
>
> To be honest you don't HAVE to have have th battery working, but, in
> that case you do have to reprogram it on every power on.

Nice one, I thought I'd seen something like that before. I'd imagine you
wouldn't have to solder- silver-loaded epoxy (for fixing PCB tracks or screen
heaters) would be OK.

Forgive my failing memory- is there a way (other than using an external device
programmer) of making a backup of the NVRAM image?

Noted Kevin's comments about a 13-14 year-old machine. Sooner or later it /will/
start going- laws of physics (or rather chemistry in this case :-)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk