Re: Sun UltraSPARCIIi Ultra 5 mouse not working

On Sunday 13 August 2006 22:18, SnarfPad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Sun UltraSPARCIIi 400mhz Ultra 5 desktop and after installing
> Sarge with mouse auto-detect options, the sun mouse attached to the
> keyboard doesnt work, also, a microsoft-compatible serial mouse attached
> wont work either, even after running xf86config and selecting auto for the
> mouse.
>
> If there a fix?

For XFree86 and kernel 2.4, a Sun mouse appears at /dev/sunmouse, and with
kernel 2.6 it appears at /dev/psaux .  "Protocol" should be set to "busmouse"
and "ImPS/2" for the respective kernels.

You'll probably have to edit these in by hand to the /etc/X11/X*.conf file.

The M$ mouse probably should show up at  /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyS1 , depending
on which port the mouse is attached to.

-- SP