netboot with kernel and integrated initramfs image

Hi,

due to my hardware config I'd like to use a kernel via netboot with included initramfs image.

As far as I've understood, this included image is the 'default' for 2.6 kernels. Due to the necessary hardware flexibility, kernels for debian sparc do not contain an initramfs. Instead, this is generated at the time of kernel.deb installation (aka initrd.img-... ) by yaird or initramfs-tools.

Is it possible, to 'integrate' the initramfs into an already compiled kernel ? or do I have to install the kernel source and make a new kernel myself ? Is anybody already using an integrated initramfs with a sparc-linux kernel ? Any experience ? Hints ?

Cheers & THNX, Roger
begin:vcard
fn:Dr. Roger Zimmermann
n:Zimmermann;Dr. Roger
org;quoted-printable;quoted-printable:Zentrum f=C3=BCr exp. Medizin;Institut f=C3=BCr Neuro- und Pathophysiologie
adr;quoted-printable:;;Martinistra=C3=9Fe 52;Hamburg;;20246;Germany
email;internet:R.Zimmermann@UKE.Uni-Hamburg.de
tel;work:..49 (0)40 42803 5351
tel;fax:..49 (0)40 42803 7255
x-mozilla-html:FALSE