Running X with Sun Mono-Sync Monitor

I have a Sun GDM 17E10 monitor that only supports 1152x900
resolution. I have the Creator video card. The computer is a Tatung
COMPstationU10.

I have Debian sarge 3.1r0a. I tried the sunffb video driver and found
it supports the card, a Creator 3D series 3. However I cannot find
the monitor resolution supported by Xfree86.

I've read all sorts of dire warnings about blowing up my monitor so
am proceding with caution. That is why I am checking my logic before
I procede.

This is the information I have so far from the Sun website for the
GDM 17E10
1152x900 @ 76 Hz (default)
1152x900 @ 66 Hz

I have the following information from other monitor listings and am
guessing this will also work for my monitor:
1152x900 @ 66 Hz/61.84KHz
1152x900 @ 76 Hz/76.14KHz
width = 322 mm; height = 235 mm (I measured this off the opening
screen)

>From what I gather this should be enough information to get me
started if I enter these parameters in the configuration file. Am I
on the right track?

Earl

URL http://deserthowler.cjb.net
Instant messenger: earlcoyote