Re: X on ultra sparc 30

Jeffrey Maples wrote:

have a Sun Ultra 30 creator with a strange graphics card. I have been head over heals trying to figure out what it is. I have taken it out, and found nothing on it that tells me what chipset it is. <http://www.ubuntuforums.org/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=1247918>

Take the card out and look for barcode stickers. Under the barcode will be a readable number, usually starting 501 or 370.
Add a dash after the first 3 digits then add the next 4 digits.
This gives you a part number (like 501-2325) which you can search for at http://sunsolve.sun.com/ or post here and ask.

When we know what card you have we should be able to suggest the appropriate driver.