keyboard not found...

I just installed 3.1r2 on my Ultra1.  The system rebooted and made it
to the "Welcome to your new Debian system" screen.  But, it appears
the keyboard isn't recognized since I can't get past this screen when
I hit the return key.  During the install, I chose to install the
linux-image-2.6 kernel image.  So, the keyboard was working during the
install process.  Anyway, am I missing some boot parameter to enable
the keyboard?  Thanks for any tips.

--
Jiann-Ming Su
"The system's broke, Hank.  The election baby has peed in