Re: xorg hardware detection - please test

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 23:45:48 -0700 (PDT), Jurij Smakov <jurij@wooyd.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've hacked together a script (attached) which parses prtconf output and
> outputs the name of corresponding xorg driver. I've only included the
> information which I could find on my own machines and prtconf examples.
> Please test it on your box (you'll need prtconf from sparc-utils and awk).
> If you will get no output (which means that the script failed to detect
> any cards) or 'unknown' (found a card, but failed to map it to the
> driver), please submit output of prtconf -p -v on your machine as well as
> information about which xorg driver is appropriate for it.
>
> I would also appreciate information about which keyboard settings are
> appropriate for what keyboart types, so that we can implement it properly.

bugs:~# ./video_detect
ati
bugs:~# uname -a
Linux bugs 2.4.27-3-sparc64 #1 Fri Jun 2 07:35:41 UTC 2006 sparc64 GNU/Linux
bugs:~# lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Sun Microsystems Computer Corp. Ultra IIi
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Sun Microsystems Computer Corp. Simba Advanced PCI Bridge (rev 13)
00:01.1 PCI bridge: Sun Microsystems Computer Corp. Simba Advanced PCI Bridge (rev 13)
01:01.0 Bridge: Sun Microsystems Computer Corp. EBUS (rev 01)
01:01.1 Ethernet controller: Sun Microsystems Computer Corp. Happy Meal (rev 01)
01:02.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage Pro 215GP (rev 5c)
01:03.0 IDE interface: Silicon Image, Inc. PCI0646 (rev 03)
02:03.0 SCSI storage controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c875 (rev 04)