Re: Installation failure on SunBlade 100

Uwe A. P. Würdinger wrote:
Daniel Liikamaa schrieb:
I'm trying to install Debian on a SunBlade 100 machine, but it won't boot off the CD like intended. When it tries to load the kernel, the machine crashes and exits to the ok prompt.
The error message is only this:
sabre_irq_build: Wacky INO [3f]

I've tried stable, testing and daily build cd installers, same result with all.

I understand this is a common problem, but I haven't found any solutions yet. Any help would be appreciated.
I have the latest OpenBoot and Flash PROM version, by the way.

Just made a net install installation on my Blade 100 yesterday I used that image <http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/etch/main/installer-sparc/current//images/sparc64/netboot/2.6/boot.img>

Just follow the install dokumentation <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/sparc/ch04s04.html>

I wnet for the RARP & TFTP route because that way I don't have to care about the dhcp server configuration :-)

I have tried to do this all day, and finally I got it to load the image
off the network... But then I got the same IRQ error message as it did
when loading from CD, and it crashed again.
It seems like I have an actual problem here. :-)
Any ideas?

--