From: Kevin Fullerton [mailto:kevin.fullerton@shotgun-suicide.co.uk]
Sent: 15 June 2006 08:32
To: jurij@wooyd.org
Cc: debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Subject: RE: How Can I Help (was Installing Debian on an Ultra 5)

Hi there,

I've had a look at the build failures and Spart Porting page, and I think at
the moment most of these are beyond me - I'm mainly a scripting coder,
rather than a C/C++/ASM coder.

I can certainly try the daily-installer builds on this machine, and have
also been looking this morning at setting the machine up to do daily SVN
builds of the kernel packages - one question regarding that - where in SVN
do I get the latest kernel packages to be built from?  If you can point me
at where in the repository I should be checking out from, or a document that
describes how to setup a build machine for this that would be great :)

Regarding X - this is running as a headless machine, with a serial console
to another Debian machine and SSH access only, so unfortunately anything
involving X/GNOME/KDE is probably not going to be easy to test and work
with.

Many thanks

Kevin