Re: SS2 with Boot 2.6

Chris Newport wrote:

Dieszel wrote:

Can anyone tell me if Sarge can be installed on an SS2 (it will be a system logger) with Boot 2.6 ? Or can I upgrade it to Open Boot ? If neither what is the newest version of SunOS or Saolaris that will run on it. Thanx

Your biggest problem is memory.
If you have 16 or 32Mb Solaris 2.6 is the limit
With 64Mb you can go up to Solaris 7.

64Mb is a full house of 4Mb SIMMs, which can be hard to find.

In general, Linux is horribly slow on Sun4c due to task switching issues, you would be better advised to stay with Solaris or BSD.

Thanks for all the assists ... OpenBSD works fine (after 34pages of doc and a few typos) ...In reply to above memory is at 48m now ... For logging machine it will be fine...