Re: Xorg 7 on sparc64

Hi,

Today, 16 hours, 42 minutes, 43 seconds ago, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> I've upgraded today to exactly the same versions (and 2.6.16-10), and it
> still works fine. I don't have a /etc/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy file, or
> /etc/X11/xserver directory, for that matter :-/. I do get the same
> warnings and errors though (except the SecurityPolicy thing), they do not
> seem to affect the functionality. It looks like bug 362246, please supply
> additional information to it.

I had this file: it had been left from `xserver-common'.  I removed it
using `dpkg --purge'.  Now X simply hangs without issuing this message,
both with 2.6.15 and 16.

> Hm, this file loads fine for me:
>
> (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libxaa.so
> (II) Module xaa: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
>         compiled for 7.0.0, module version = 1.2.0
>         ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 0.8
>
> sha1sum of this file is:
>
> 7bfc397c6d7f0a174f46aede663c5338aacf6472  /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libxaa.so

Same file here, but it still doesn't load -- but I no longer get this
message.  ;-)

> In general, my situation is probably a bit simpler, I've installed new
> xorg from scratch, so I'm probably not hitting all the juicy upgrade
> bugs...

Right.  I'm clueless now.  I'd be tempted to say that there are even
more important issues than packaging issues.  These "end of block range"
messages typically lead me to think that Xorg 7 is currently buggy, or
at least the video drivers at hand.  I suppose similar problems occur on
other arches as well?

Thanks,
Ludovic.