Re: Re: Bus error with new version of firefox

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 00:13:22 +0200, Martin Marques <martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar> wrote:

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 21:00:58 +0200, "James Plant" <klement2@azet.sk> wrote:
I'm pretty sure the last working version is
firefox_1.5.dfsg-3_sparc.deb or
firefox_1.5.dfsg-4_sparc.deb

martin@bugs:~$ apt-cache policy firefox
firefox:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.1-4
  Version table:
     1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.1-4 0
        800 http://ftp.de.debian.org testing/main Packages
         50 http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I got Bus errors with that version (I think with JavaScript, but not sure), so I went back to the mozilla-firefox from sarge (stable).

I did not mean the version 1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.1-4, but the version packed in the debian package firefox_1.5.dfsg-4_sparc.deb. This version does not crash when loading the default page nor when selecting Help->About from the menu. And the version info in the about dialog is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux sparc64; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20060114 Debian/1.5.dfsg-4 Firefox/1.5 I'm not sure what was the difference between this version and the following ones, maybe the problem is in a script, in a config file or in a binary. I tried to debug, but I was not successful. Someone should analyse changes in cvs from this version,
because the latest version in unstable is crashing as well.