Re: DMA/SCSI disk errors [Was: Porting packages to sparc]

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, Martin Habets wrote:

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 09:48:16PM -0800, Jurij Smakov wrote:
Does it build on sparc32 at the moment?

Just to let you know I'm still trying, but I ran into some hard disk
errors while building this.
No output at all with 2.6.16-rc2 I can see, and Magic-SysRq is not
working there either. So I retried with my 2.6.13. Got the errors below,
no reponses from Magic-SysRq (which I know is working on that one).
The kernel does not die completely though, the "rejecting I/O to offline
device" repeats every so often.

At the moment I'm asuming these are real hard disk errors. If anyone
knows differently, please let me know.
[error log snipped]

Hi Martin,

Sorry that I did not mention it earlier, but I was able to build llvm in 32-bit mode. Well, almost, now it dies due to bug 345952 which is caused by 357722. Hopefully, once doxygen is fixed, the problems with llvm will be solved. By the way, I've created a wiki page [0] to keep track of sparc porting efforts.

[0] http://wiki.debian.org/SparcPorting

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org