Re: Re: SunBlade 150 problems - can anyone confirm?

(Sorry about broken formatting, im replying to the archive)

On 17/12/2006, at 5:55 AM, Thomas Köllmann wrote:

        On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 10:38:58 -0800
        Jurij Smakov <jurij@wooyd.org> wrote:
                Please try booting it with the boot parameter video=atyfb:off, i.e.
                instead of just pressing enter at the silo boot prompt type

                Linux video=atyfb:off

        Yes, that works.

        Does this have any drawbacks regarding the use of xorg? (I
        haven't yet installed that...)

I can confirm this problem exists on Sunblade100 with the 2.6.18-3 (Mon
4 Dec) and the same fix works.

:: my stuff ::

I'm not able to boot a sunblade150. i'm using (what i assume is) an
older install cd (20061111), and I'm not entirely sure what kernel it
uses. i think its a 2.6.17-* kernel.

I'm hoping someone can look at what i entered and tell me how I'm
passing the parameters wrong. Or tell me to use a newer cd :)

* Video card in (an ATI Radeon from 2002, not sure what exactly)

no switches
video=atyfb:off
ide=nodma
ide=nodma mem=512

* Video card out (illegal instruction error for all trys, drops back to
[ok])

no switches
expert video=atyfb:off
expert append="atyfb:off ide=nodma"
expert append="video=atyfb:off ide=nodma"
expert video=atyfb:off ide=nodma

Karl
(list member, just disconnected from main comp atm)