SunBlade 150 problems - can anyone confirm?

severity 403364 important
thanks

Hi Thomas,

On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 06:05:52PM +0100, Thomas Koellmann wrote:
> Package: linux-image-2.6.18-3-sparc64
> Version: 2.6.18-7
> Severity: critical
> Justification: breaks the whole system

Since you are the only person who reported such a problem so far, I
feel that severity is a bit too high, so I'm dropping it to
'important' for now. I'm also CC'ing this message to the debian-sparc
mailing list to ask whether anybody else is seeing similar problems.

> This kernel, which seems currently to be the latest in testing/etch,
> hangs on my Sun Blade 150 after displaying "Booting Linux" (at that
> stage where linux-image-2.6.16-2-sparc64 switches video resolution).
>
> This is a fresh install using d-i beta-3 (d-i etch rc-1 also hangs
> early in the boot process).

Do you have more than one videocard in this machine? If that's the
case, it might be that the machine is still booting, but the output
goes to a different videocard.

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org