Re: Fixed kernels for SunBlade 100/150 - please test ASAP

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 07:07:18PM +0200, Luigi Gangitano wrote:

> Ok, this kernel works on SB100, but only if atyfb is disabled.

Thanks, Luigi. I hope it will work for others too, so that we can go
ahead and commit the changes.

I wonder, which kernel was the last to have a working framebuffer for
your box? It looks like a regression, but there was quite a bit of
changes in 2.6.18, so it will probably be pretty tricky to track down.

> I attached the dmesg output, which shows some issues while scanning
> the of tree.

Those are known and should be fixed in 2.6.18.1 [0,1].

[0] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-sparc&m=116117510407514&w=2
[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-sparc&m=116119994413979&w=2

Best regards,
--