Re: IMPORTANT: xorg sparc driver version mismatch in testing

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 09:47:46AM -0700, Jurij Smakov wrote:

> As was recently pointed out in #391224, the new sparc xorg drivers (1:1.1.0-1) do
> not have a correct dependency on the new xorg-server, so they have propagated to
> testing ahead of the xorg-server against which they have been built. If you are
> using xorg on sparc in *testing*, and have not upgraded to the new drivers
>
> xserver-xorg-video-sunbw2
> xserver-xorg-video-suncg14
> xserver-xorg-video-suncg3
> xserver-xorg-video-suncg6
> xserver-xorg-video-sunffb
> xserver-xorg-video-sunleo
> xserver-xorg-video-suntcx
>
> with version 1:1.1.0-1 yet, please put them on hold now to avoid breakage. I'll
> build the drivers against old xorg-server (suitable for use in testing) tonight
> and make them available for those who have already upgraded.
>
> I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this oversight.

The original debs built against the server which is now in testing are available
at

http://www.wooyd.org/debian/xorg/

or from snapshot.debian.net. You only need to install them (manually), if you run
testing, and after recent upgrade (see above), the X server does not start
anymore. I plan to upload the new version of the drivers with the correct
dependency version tomorrow, then we can just wait for the new server to propagate
to testing.

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org