Re: [D-I] mass kernel udeb update and preparations for RC1

On Sunday 17 September 2006 14:28, Frans Pop wrote:
> There are some issues that need attention:
> * type of initrd used
>   Some arches have already switched to using initramfs for d-i initrds,
>   other arches are still using cramfs or ext2. Please check if a change
>   could/should be made for your architecture.

Sparc and HPPA have now been switched to use initramfs initrds in Debian
Installer images.

For Sparc I have tested the installer still boots (CD and netboot) on my
Ultra 10 and Jurij Smakov has tested it for sparc32. For HPPA I have
tested this on my J5600.

If others have problems booting a daily image of the installer, but an
Etch Beta 3 image does boot correctly, please let us know.

Cheers,
FJP