debian sparc net install problems to SunBlade 100

All,
I have an old Sunblade 100 that I want to install Debian onto.
It has OpenBoot 4.5 and SILO 1.4.9.
I can stop OpenBoot, type 'halt' and get to the 'ok' prompt.
At that I type 'boot cdrom'
It reboots and I get the 'boot:' prompt.  There, I type 'linux debian'
and the install starts.
At Choose language, I choose English.
At the Country or region, I select United States.
At the Keyboard Layout I select American English.
Then, I get an error saying it cannot detect the CD-ROM and the
keyboard does not work properly.  The arrow keys do not work, <enter>
does not work.  It is as if the wrong keybaord map is being used.

Are there some parameters that need to be passed to the installer for
it to see the CDROM?  Should I select another keyboard map?
THanks,
-Shawn