Re: Debian on Ultrasparc 1/170E

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin" <inkubus@interalpha.co.uk>
To: "Jim MacKenzie" <jim@photojim.ca>
Cc: "Debian Sparc" <debian-sparc@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 3:29 PM
Subject: Re: Debian on Ultrasparc 1/170E

Fast enought to be usable is always a bit of a length of string type
question.  I would have thought the 'desktop experience' would be
comparable to a PII 400Mhz machine, if that's not fast enough then
changing to a lighter weight desktop environment might help.

Yes, it is a very relative thing. PII-400-ish is fast enough to be usable for me - and this machine can take a gigabyte of RAM, which won't hurt either.

I want to do it more because it's cool than because it's practical, but if it can be both, bonus!

Jim