Re: Ultra II: kernel upgrade - silo doesn't boot

"Charles McColm" <charlesm@theworkingcentre.org> writes:

at the silo prompt try <TAB> if you have luck you can boot into LinuxOld
wich is one of your previous kernel.
Otherwise try to setup silo by hand with kernel=/filename
initrd=/filename root=/dev/sda
You dont need to rerun silo after installing an new kernel. only the
silo.conf needs to be modified wich will be done by dpkg.

regards
Daniel