From: Daniel Kweh [mailto:dakweh29@yahoo.com]
Sent: 31 July 2006 10:37
To: debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Running Vmware onto Debian R31r2

Hi,

I have loaded Debian linux R31r2 onto a Sun SparcUltra2, I have X windows
working with all the drivers. Thanks to the help I got from this forum.

Now I do have another issue hopefully someone can help me. I am trying to
load vmware 5.0 onto this machine with debian linux R31r2. It allows me to
install it but before I can use the vmware, I need to configure it so I
execute vmware-config. It gave me this error.

"Your processor does not support the ^cpuid instruction. VMware Workstation
will not run on this system.

Execution aborted."

I dont understand what it means by this? Sorry I am very new to linux.
Appreciate all the help you gave me.

Thanks in advance.