Re: SS5 install incomplete

On Thursday 11 May 2006 00:21, Dieszel wrote:
> When doing a network install, I get through the base install and on
> reboot fails back to openboot prompt (OK) with no explanation. Almost as
> if not booting to the correct partition. Any suggestions..
> Debian version is sarge...

I've had that happen on an SS20 with Sarge a couple of years ago.  I had two
drives.  The Sarge installer didn't update the openprom boot-device variable
which was left pointing to a drive other than the one where my silo got
installed.

Your openboot may have aliases for disk, disk1, disk2.  Try boot disk1 or boot
disk2.

-- good luck, SP