OpenSPARC.... hmmm.

So I just discovered that Sun has released the Verilog code for one of its
SPARC chips under the GPL.  http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/198798.htm
This is very cool: I think it's the first commercial core to be GPLed.
It suddenly revived my interest in SPARC.

Apparently David S. Miller already has Linux booting on the UltraSparc T1
("Niagara"), which is the basis of the OpenSPARC release.  And has even finished
porting work for it and put it into the main tree.  And his test logs are from
Ubuntu.  The Sun Fire T1000 is an expensive box though.  Perhaps someone can convince
Sun to donate one to Debian?

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@twcny.rr.com>

Bush admitted to violating FISA and said he was proud of it.
So why isn't he in prison yet?...