Re: "boot.img" with Fusion-MPT LSI / Symbios Logic 53c1030 support?

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Karel Panek wrote:

I'm just trying to install (tftp / rarp / boot.img) Debian onto a sparc64 machine with the following SCSI adapter:

"LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c1030 PCI-X Fusion-MPT Dual Ultra320 SCSI (rev 07)"

Current boot.img provided on Debian mirrors is based on kernel 2.6.15, however the driver I need is in 2.6.16 and needs also MPT support enabled. Is there some EFFECTIVE way how to get boot.img with required attributes and therefore make the installation possible? The only way I see now is cross-compilation from different architecture which is quite complex and time-consuming process.

Hi Karel,

You might want to try one of the daily netboot images, available at

http://people.debian.org/~stappers/d-i/images/daily/sparc64/netboot/2.6/

I believe they are based on kernel 2.6.16.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org