Re: version of openoffice packages in testing/unstable

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 10:44 +0100, Dr. Zimmermann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> does anyone know what anticipates the compilation of newer openoffice
> packages ?
> The SPARC version stays at 2.0.0-5 while i386 and PPC versions have been
> updated
> to 2.0.1-5 several weeks ago in testing and recently to 2.0.2-1 in unstable.
>
> I have meandered through several CVS and Bugreport pages without finding
> any hint.
>
> Roger

You should ask on the Debian oo.o list.  Perhaps there is a need for
more Debian packagers for Sparc oo.o.

Going one step upstream, Jim Watson's .tar.bz2 multi-RPM packages are
quite usable with Debian (at least as single-user installs).  These are
available from Openoffice.org mirrors, in the contrib/linuxsparc
directory.  Jim is up to 2.0.2.  You also need to find install_linux.sh
for oo.o.  Maybe the one here will work:

  http://ftp.stardiv.de/pub/OpenOffice.org/developer/install_scripts/

For future reference, Jim's port wiki page is:

  http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/GNULinuxSparcPorting

-- SP