Re: Xine, Totem crashes

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006, Chance Platt wrote:

In the case of xine, I run the binary.  The Xine splashscreen pops up
and disappears, and you see the usual xine GUI and window, followed
quickly by them closing.  It spits the following out on the command
line:

:~$ xine
This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.3.
(c) 2000-2004 The xine Team.
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
Bus error

Can you please try and get a backtrace for that? Building xine with debugging symbols and running it under gdb should give you that. Usually sparc-specific 'bus error' means some kind of alignment issues, so the first step is to figure out where it's happening.

In the case of totem, I run the binary and I see the GUI.  It seems to
work, but if I move the window or click on the "Movie" menu item (or any
other menu item for that matter), it spontaneously combusts, with Gnome
saying "The Application "totem" has quit unexpectedly".  On the
commandline:

:~$ totem
libhal.c 2282 : Error sending msg: Service "org.freedesktop.Hal" does
not exist

** (totem:29954): WARNING **: Can't read /proc/scsi/sg/device_strs

It's not really clear whether these messages have any relation to the failure. Unfortunately, I don't have any good ideas on how to debug it.

I'll try to reproduce the problems on my box.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org