Anyone running MythTV and/or ivytv drivers on Ultra 10?

Before I try this, I thought that I would ask and see if anyone has
tried this.

I have a Hauppauge PVR250, which is a PCI card that does video encoding
in hardware, and I am wondering if my Ultra 10 (with a 333 MHz
processor) has enough horsepower to function as a MythTV backend.

I run the U10 headless. I would watch video on another (hopefully
quieter) machine over 100 mbit wired ethernet or wifi g.

I see that the gentoo people have built the ivtv drivers and mythtv for
sparc, so this should be do-able for me on debian. I have built ivtv
for x86-32 a couple of times. I

Some questions, off the top of my head:
0. Is anyone doing this?
1. Any tips?
2. Do I need to upgrade to a recent 2.6 kernel for the ivtv drivers?
3. Can I still run sarge?
4. Any debs? marillat seems to have sparc mythtv packages, but only for sid.

Database Development and Administration

"Change is hardest for those caught by surprise.", Thomas Friedman

Do You Yahoo!?