Re: cd-rom not found

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Donny Jekels wrote:

I recently purchased debian 3.1 for sparc platforms

during boot the cdrom is found but immediately after the install program
search for devices it no longer knows about the cd-rom and keeps telling me
the cd-rom is not found or the cd-rom is not in the tray/

I tried it on 2 boxes, sunfire v100 and my desktop blade 100

As others pointed out, your best shot is to netboot them. If it is problematic you might get lucky with unofficial netinst ISO, which addresses this problem. It is available from

http://www.acm.cs.rpi.edu/~dilinger/iso.img

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org