Re: wireless internet on Sun Ultra2

I'd suggest using an external wireless access point that supports "wireless bridging mode" (for example a Linksys WAP11) and connect it to your Ultra2 over the built-in hme0 ethernet port. The wireless AP would forward the U2's DHCP requests to your ISP for configuration. There's no need to even open the cover.

Of course, you should have some kind of firewall running on the U2 and on any other host that is wired to the AP.

Greg

Brent Langille wrote:
I live in an area which has free wireless internet coverage so I would like to
take advantage of that. I have a Sun Ultra 2 and I am wondering if any of the
sbus-to-pcmcia cards are supported? Is anyone out there using a pcmcia wireless
ethernet card in a Sun Ultra 2?

Brent