Re: `date -s' on sparc64

Hi,

Yesterday, 18 hours, 33 seconds ago, Frans Pop wrote:
> Yes, I can confirm.
> Workaround that works for me is to use hwclock.

Thanks for the trick.

`date' in GNU Coreutils uses `settimeofday ()' while `hwclock' invokes
an ioctl on `/dev/rtc'.  So the problem seems to come from the kernel's
implementation of `settimeofday ()'.

Looking at `arch/sparc/kernel/time.c', I can only see
`sbus_do_settimeofday ()' at first sight.  Since sun4u machines don't
have SBus, I'd be tempted to think that support for those machines is
simply lacking.  Is it correct?

Thanks,
Ludovic.