Re: Audioctl on a U10

Am Mittwoch, 18. Januar 2006 06:44 schrieb kwy:
> It seems that the CS4231 sound problem is related to the kernel
> version. I'll try to upgrade from 2.6.8 to 2.6.15.
> Would you advise the safe procedure to upgrade it? I search this group
> and I'm confused.
> There is no package in stable package when I try to get it from
> Synaptic or aptitude. I just download a .deb file. Am I simply run dpkg
> -i to install it?
> If there is a problem, i'd like to switch it back to 2.6.8. Is it
> possible?
> Please advise.

Take a look at http://www.backports.org. If they don't have sparc version
available, you can at least recompile the source package from there. You may
have to compile the kernel yourself and you need either yaird (less
dependencies but not sure that it works on sparc) or initramfs-tool (lots of
dependencies like an udev upgrade, etc.).

HS