New system problem...

I just successfully installed the 3.0 r0a Net Install CD onto my Ultra 5. It didn't reboot but I managed to coax it that way using a 'boot disk' from the OpenBoot prompt. Anyone any ideas what I should set the nvram value to to make it boot automatically?

Well that's only a minor anyway, I don't plan on rebooting much when I get it going.

The problem I have is the Post-Install Base Setup is not co- operating. It boots ok and comes up, but the 'GUI' does not respond to me pressing Enter (to 'OK'). Eventually it does something but it goes to a menu which shows all the steps. That in turn does not respond. There's basically no way I ca feasibly make it work.

I did notice there is sporadic disk activity on the hard disk. I dunno if Linux has failed somewhere and is in a wait loop or something, or if something's gone nuts. Whatever it is it seems to be using up all the CPU cycles, or jamming the keyboard.

I've never used Linux on a SPARC, only on x86 boxes and Macs. I'm semi-new to SPARC as a platform anyway but I couldn't get along with Solaris because of all the crap it installs, and the problems getting Open Source stuff for it (I know it exists but it's not greatly easy and apt-get rulez ok!!!).

Any help is appreciated.