Re: help on minicom

Hi Marc.

I did not read the whole thread. Maybe I repeat some things.

On Tuesday 22 November 2005 19:18, Marc Coevoet wrote:
> Op 22-nov-05 om 12:54 heeft Turbo Fredriksson het volgende geschreven:
> > Are you using port A (first serial port) on the SPARC? if not,
> > what port have you/is specified as 'output-device' and/or
> > 'input-device'?
>
> I'm trying to install a sparc 20, that has no monitor ..
>
> So I can't do much, I see a login: appear on eth , but of
> course, I have no login/pass ..

You can boot your SS20 and get the openboot output on the serial console?

You need to issue a BREAK signal during the boot process (e.g. memory check)
- this will stop booting and put you into the openboot environment (PC talk:
BIOS). Don't know out of my head how to do this with minicom. Should be
possible.

Now you can type something like:

boot cdrom

or get a lot of help