Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] Image defects with 2.6.14/atyfb/Sunblade 100

Am Samstag 12 November 2005 06:51 schrieb Jurij Smakov:
> [Forwarding information to linux-fbdev-devel]
>
> Hello,
>
> Recently Luigi Gangitano has pointed out a linux-fbdev-devel thread [0]
> in which progress was achieved in fixing the atyfb bug resulting in
> console and X display corruption on SunBlade 100, filed as #321200 in the
> Debian bug tracking system [1]. The patch mentioned in the thread (which
> we plan to include in the next Debian kernel package release) is attached.
> While the situation with this patch is greatly improved, users testing the
> new 2.6.14 kernel packages have reported [2,3] that there is still some
> minor screen corruption in a form of red dots or lines. A screenshot
> (provided by Andrey Chernomyrdin) can be viewed at [4]. We'd appreciate
> any ideas which could lead to the resolution of this problem.
>
> Please CC the responses to me (and, optionally to the
> debian-sparc@lists.debian.org), as I'm not subscribed to this list.
>
> [0] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=111088248100003&r=1&w=2
> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/321200
> [2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2005/11/msg00076.html
> [3] http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2005/11/msg00087.html
> [4] http://www.wooyd.org/debian/tmp/sunblade.png
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org
> Debian kernel team
> Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/                   KeyID: C99E03CC

Hello,

are you sure, you have these artefactes under X11 with "ati" driver too?
If yes,  it has nothing todo with "fbdev". "ati" chahges all chip settings on
it own. Anyway "ati" was for me any time "refrence number one", and if they
do not have solution, I don't have it for sure ;-(

What about ask maintainer of "ati"?

P.S.
I think these red dots caused by overclocking something(dotclock, memory,
GPU).

--

Best Wishes
Mit freundlichen Grüßen