Re: hardware sensors

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 03:20:26PM -0400, David S. Miller wrote:
> > Are hardware sensors accessible on (any sort of) Ultras, and if so,
> > how?  I tried lm-sensors on U5, B100 and V210 with no joy.
>
> I am not aware of any usable sensors in the SunBlade100,
> and definitely not in any previous models such as the U5.

(...)

> I guess there must be a fan-speed and/or temperature sensor
> hookup somewhere in the SunBlade100... but I have no idea
> where.

There is. At least, in Solaris 8 it's possible to read out the die temperature
and ambient temperature with prtdiag. This also reports fan speeds. The blade
100 has 2 fans (1 case fan and 1 in the power supply). IIRC, both of themhave a
3 wire connector but the corresponding connectors on the motherboard / psu only
have 2 pins. So, contrary to what prtdiag suggests, it's not possible to read
out fan speeds on a Blade 100.

I'm not sure about the Blade 150; I remember seeing a picture of one which has a
fan on the cpu, and it could be that the 150 does have the extra pin on the
motherboard as well, so perhaps fan speed information is available in the 150.

Temperature readings in a Blade 100 / 150 would be nice though, but I don't know
how to do it or where to start.

Admar