Between a rock & a hard place, need monolithic 2.4.2x kernel for sun4m

   After uncovering just how interestingly munged up this system is, i
decided to attempt a dist-upgrade to sarge. In case there was some
confusion, dist-upgrade to woody was years ago.

   All seemed to be going well until aptitude flatly refused to install the
new libc until i had a kernel newer than 2.4.21.

   I cannot find any such beast compiled for woody. I also cannot install
the sarge kernel image owing to not having sarge's initrd-tools, and not
being able to install initrd-tools to it's liking.

   When i attempt to build 2.4.31, the build dies in conmakehash.c which
appears to be pretty much required core kernel stuff. Something about
getunicode having an undefined reference.

   I have no other linux/sparc machine installed anywhere anymore.

   Does anybody have a monolithic kernel or kernel + initrd that should
boot and work on a bog-standard Sparcstation 10 with a single Hypersparc
module, that i could, um, borrow for a few hours?