RE: 2.6.12 testers wanted | sparc32 kernel on SPARC4 sun4m

Hi All,

I upgraded to the 2.6.12 image with only a few minor issues on a SPARC 4
sun4m box (floppy drive only).

I deleted and re-created the symlinks for the kernel and initrd after
the kernel install as this looked like it would be the same issue I saw
with the upgrade to 2.4.27.

The symlinks were created as follows: -

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root     33 Jul 19 20:02 initrd.img ->
boot/initrd.img-2.6.12-1-sparc32
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root     30 Jul 19 20:01 vmlinuz ->
boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12-1-sparc32

Changed them to: -

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root     33 Jul 19 20:02 initrd.img ->
/boot/initrd.img-2.6.12-1-sparc32
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root     30 Jul 19 20:01 vmlinuz ->
/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12-1-sparc32

After the upgrade I couldn't ssh to the box and my keyboard didn't work.

I booted into the old 2.4.27 kernel, removed the console-data and
console-tools packages (as suggested by Jurij, thanks) and rebooted.
Seemed fine for the keyboard but I still couldn't ssh into the box even
though I saw sshd had started.

Added the following line to /etc/fstab: -

    none            /dev/pts        devpts        gid=5,mode=620    0 0

After a reboot and all worked fine.

System seems happy enough on 2.6.12-1-sparc32.

Cheers,

Steve