Re: blade 1000 boot problem

Quoting Dave Love <d.love@dl.ac.uk>:

> Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@debian.org> writes:
>
>> This only happened ONCE for me. I thought I was going to get a heart
>> attach! :)
>
> For what it's worth, another way to get into the catatonic state is
> with stop-A during reboot -- not exactly sure at what stage.  I've
> seen it on a blade 100 and, I think, on v210.

Eh? Not sure what you mean here... Please elaborate (so I'm warned :).

What I DO know about the STOP-A is that it very often freezes (with the
stock kernels - I found a patch that fixes that) and you often can't do
a reboot correctly.

Doing a 'shutdown -r now' will work ONCE, but the second time the kernel
freezes and invoking STOP-A won't work. NOT even via serial which is the
only way for me to control the machine other than network.

Sometimes it hung when mounting /dev and trying to reboot didn't work
either... As said, there's a whole _BUNCH_ of problems with the B1k...

Most of them is fixed with a couple (five or six I think it was) external
patches ('hacks' as the SPARC developers/maintainer(s) refer to them as :).
--
PLO radar SEAL Team 6 Soviet $400 million in gold bullion genetic
plutonium BATF domestic disruption CIA kibo Iran Delta Force South