Headless Ultra1, SSH and X11-forwarding

Hi all,

I installed Sarge (kernel 2.4.27) on my "Ultra1-headless". The machine
has no console attached. I communicate with it via the serial port and
over the net via SSH. From my desktop  computer "Ultra1-desktop"-
another Ultra1 running Solaris9 - I can connect to the headless machine
and establish a X11-connection by manually setting the "DISPLAY"
environment on  the "Ultra1-headless" and allowing access with "+xhost"
on my "Ultra1-desktop". But when I try to establish a secure
X-connection via SSH

        desktop>  ssh  -X -v  Ultra1-headless

I always get the error message "Can't open Display".

My question is, am I doing something wrong or is it impossible to
establish a X-connection via SSH to a headless machine?  I would like to
hear from you.

Cheers
Friedhelm