Re: partitioning for dual boot

Jon Biddell <jon@mandrake.net.au> writes:

> Kill off the "whole disk" partition, exit fdisk, restart fdisk, set the CHS,
> write the partition table back to disk, restart fdisk, recreate partition 3
> (whole disk), write the partition table back to disk, restart fdisk, create
> your desired partitions, etc....

Yes, I realized after sending the mail that it was probably partition
3's fault.  Thanks anyhow.  I did manage to produce a disk that the
Solaris installer didn't complain about when it started up -- it just
complained it was broken (with no explanation) when it got to the end
of the installation dialogue :-(.

I assume no-one else has managed to produce a dual-boot system disc
with the current distribution?