Re: Have an enterprise 4000 if someone wants it

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, David Arnold wrote:

when i said "available" i meant a root account and a person operating
the console as instructed, sorry.  it's a company machine, and not for
sale, but is only used for testing and is mostly idle.

Does it run Debian? A while ago bug 299074 was filed against discover1, stating that discover1 fails to find all devices on machines with multiple sbus buses. I made a patch for this problem, which has been incorporated into discover1 version 1.7.9, now available in sid. However, to the best of my knowledge, that patch has never got tested, since such machines are somewhat rare. As E3000 appears to have two sbus buses, it would be great if you could test it out.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org