Re: Sarge netboot CD won't start on Enterprise 250

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Ron Murray wrote:

   Unimplemented SPARC system call 188
   Unimplemented SPARC system call 188
   Starting system log daemon: syslogd, klogd
   Using /lib/modules/2.4.27-sparc64/kernel/drivers/usb/host/usb-uhci.o
   Bus error
   modprobe: failed to load module usb-uhci
   Bus error
   Bus error			(continues till we quit)

Since it appears that modprobing of USB modules is causing problems, try disabling the USB probing on boot by typing at the boot prompt:

linux debian-installer/probe/usb=false

Hopefully it will help.

Even stranger, if I type 'rescue' at the SILO prompt, I get:

   RAMDISK: compressed image found at block 0
   Freeing initrd memory: 2970k freed
   VFS: mount root (ext2 filesystem)
   Mounted devfs on /dev

Unfortunately, this is not unexpected. The rescue mode has been broken as long as I remember.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org