Re[2]: Debian on SunBlade 1000

Hello David,

> From: Jon Biddell <jon@mandrake.net.au>
> Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:21:33 +1000

>> Every single time I boot, from any of the Sarge install images,
>> I get the dreaded "Fast Data Access MMU Miss" message.
>>
>> Interestingly though I can boot from Solaris 10, and from a
>> Gentoo install CD with no problems.
>>
>> Can anyone offer any clues as to how to get around this ?

> The current stable tftpboot images should work.

> Sarge is from before proper UltraSPARC-III support was added to
> the boot loader.

Well, after some uttering of obscenities (mainly directed at the
never-to-sufficiently-damned Windows box !!) I got tftp and rarp
working on my Debian laptop and Voila !  We have the debian installer
downloaded.

Now comes the fun part - hardware detection. It tries to load the
qlogicisp SCSI driver and says it's having problems loading it, so it
can't see my two 73Gb FC drives.

wtf ?

--
Best regards,